How to create a toolkit
A toolkit is a list of tools or resources that is useful in accomplishing a specific task. The best way to start is to identify an area that would benefit from a toolkit. Areas that have too many tools are great candidates. When there are too many tools, it's often hard to find the ones that can be most useful. This is where a toolkit can be extremely valuable.
When creating your toolkit, it's best to include a few pieces of material about each tool. Some possible features include:
- what the tool is priced at
- what the tool is best at
- what features the tool includes
- how to use it for the specific problem
- why you like it
How to publish your toolkit
- Create an article for each tool
- In each article describe the tool's features
- Add paywalls to certain pages
- Offer a sample for free, but then paywall the rest
- Add surveys to collect feedback for more tools
- Allow your audience to help you improve the collection
- Share your work on social platforms
- Share your work on social platforms or wherever you have an audience.
How to sell your toolkit
- Sell new pieces incrementally
- Continue the incremental publishing method, but sell select pieces as paid.
- Consider alternating between free and paid articles to moderate between demand and sales.
- Add paid content to popular old pieces
- If some of your articles did particulary well, you can add to them and include a paywall where you want paid access to begin.
Running a promotion
You can also run promotions to drive sales. Here's a few ideas:
- Early supporters
- Offer early supporters a discount.
- Limited amount
- Offer a discount but with a limited supply. Run campaigns announcing the number remaining for your audience as it declines.
- Limited time
- Offer a discount but with a limited time. Run campaigns as time decreases.
Get started on Lumenful
Lumenful offers the following publishing capabilities for toolkits:
- create a branded space specifically for your work
- analytics on how readers interacted with each piece
- advanced access controls to help you get paid for your work
- super simple login, sign up, and checkout for your readers